October 12, 2013

Plow

I was SO excited to try Plow for brunch after hearing and reading such good reviews. I arrived at Plow at 7:45AM on a Saturday morning and unsurprisingly, there was already a 15+ people line and more forming behind me every minute, all waiting for the place to open at 8AM. I got a counter seat (the best seat to watch all the kitchen action) and ordered The Plow. I like variety and trying a little bit of everything so I was glad Plow offered this choice. My plow plate consisted of 2 Scrambled Eggs, 3 slices of Nueske bacon, 2 Lemon Ricotta Pancakes, and Crispy Potatoes.

Sadly, I found the whole plate underwhelming. Perhaps I had too high hopes, or maybe working at a cafe has forever killed the magic of breakfast/brunch joints, or maybe I'm beginning to find breakfast food the same all around no matter the restaurant. I left $25 poorer from the coffee and lackluster breakfast. I ate the two pancakes but barely made a dent in the rest of the food and no part of me even wanted to take the rest packed up to-go. Maybe I'll give the place another chance... or maybe not because I'd rather spend the $$ on something better.

2 Scrambled Eggs, 3 Slices of Nueske Bacon, 2 Lemon Ricotta Pancakes, and Crispy Potatoes