November 23, 2013

Recipe: Goat Cheese & Beet Arugula Salad

I've really been loving beets and goat cheese lately. I was inspired by a similar salad that I have at work sometimes and decided to make it for Friendsgiving. I've roasted beets before but because that takes too long, I relied on my favorite place in the whole world, Trader Joe's. Trader Joe's sells cooked beets that make this salad super quick and easy to make. I subbed dried cranberries for pecans because it's just what I had on hand, but I bet pecans, walnuts, or almonds would work well.

Goat Cheese & Beet Arugula Salad
Inspired by Skinnytaste
Serves 6

Ingredients
1 16-oz package arugula
6 small red beets, sliced
4 oz goat cheese, crumbled
dried cranberries (optional)

Honey-Balsamic Vinaigrette
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tbsp honey
salt

Instructions
Make vinaigrette by whisking balsamic vinegar, olive oil, honey, and salt until smooth in a small bowl.
In a large bowl, toss greens and beets with vinaigrette.
Add goat cheese and dried cranberries and mix well gently.
Serve immediately.