November 5, 2013

Spruce

Wow, I really had no idea how fancy this place is. The whole ambiance of the restaurant is extremely classy.

My friend and I sat at the bar and ordered the Gem Lettuce to share and it came out split so that was really nice. Then we both got the burger with avocado. I love a good burger and the Spruce Burger is almost as good as Nopa's burger. And that's saying a lot really. The burger was cooked wonderfully and the english muffin as a bun was actually a nice complement because I don't like too much bread with my burger. The fries are fried in duck fat so of course those were delicious.

I would like to go back to Spruce but given the fanciness and priciness of the restaurant, it should probably be reserved for special occasions?

Gem Lettuce with avocado, shaved fall vegetables, ricotta dura
Spruce Burger with english muffin and french fries