November 19, 2012

A16

One thing I like about living in a new city is the seemingly endless restaurants to go to. I've been enjoying trying new foods and new restaurants so much.

A friend gave me a BlackboardEats to A16, an Italian restaurant in the Marina. I've heard really good things about the food there so I made it a priority to go. I made a reservation for a Monday evening and was surprised to see how crowded it already was at 5:30 pm. I was seated at the Chef's Counter, which was really cool because I got to watch the chefs cook.

I ordered the Acorn Squash Bruschetta as an appetizer and upon the waiter's recommendation, ordered the Nettle Gnocchi for my entree. I LOVED the bruschetta but had mixed feelings about the gnocchi. The taste of nettle in the gnocchi was super strong so I won't order it again. For dessert I ordered the Fig Marsala gelato and was pleasantly surprised when the check came out and the gelato was on the house. The portions were on the small side but perfectly filling. The staff were wonderful and I definitely want to come back to try the other stuff on the menu.

Acorn Squash Bruschetta with Ricotta and Fried Sage
Nettle Gnocchi
Fig Marsala Gelato