June 2, 2013

SFMOMA

The San Francisco Museum of Modern Art (SFMOMA) is closing for renovation for the next 3 years. Not wanting to miss out on seeing it while it's open, I went with my sister one afternoon. I'm slightly obsessed with Mondrian and let's be real, that's only because the museum cafe serves Mondrian Cake. I've also heard that they have a Rothko toast. The café was closed the day I went and my only regret is that I wasn't able to try the cake and toast for myself but maybe I'll get the "Modern Art Desserts" book and make it myself.


The second time I went to the museum was when they held a special Countdown Celebration to mark its closing. Admission was free and SFMOMA remained open all day and all night. I went at midnight and there was a long line waiting to get inside. I wanted to see Christian Marclay's The Clock, a video installation composed of thousands of film clips referencing the time of day, edited into a 24-hour long montage that matches real time minute for minute. But of course the line to see it was around 4 hours so NO.