June 17, 2013

Recipe: Chicken Caesar Salad

I've been on a Chicken Caesar Salad kick lately. It's so simple I don't think a recipe is even necessary. But rather than buy pre-made dressing, I decided to take matters into my own hands. It was way easier to make than I had thought and now this is my go-to recipe. I go the nontraditional route because I omit the egg and anchovies. Just something about those ingredients are really unappealing to me.

Also to note is that I don't follow the recipes I post exactly. Cooking is all about practice and the more you practice, the more intuitive it gets. So I recommend tasting the dressing as you go, adding more or less of ingredients as you see fit.

Chicken Caesar Salad
Adapted from Allrecipes
Serves 2

Ingredients
2 chicken tenders, cubed and cooked
1/2 head romaine lettuce, chopped and refrigerated
2 tbsp mayonnaise or plain greek yogurt
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp lemon juice
1/4 tbsp dijon mustard
1/2 clove garlic, minced
2 tbsp parmesan cheese, grated
salt & pepper

Instructions
In a bowl combine mayonnaise or greek yogurt, olive oil, lemon juice, mustard, garlic, parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper. Whisk until well blended.
To assemble, place chopped lettuce leaves and warm chicken in a large bowl. Pour dressing over the top and toss lightly. Serve immediately, preferably with sliced baguette and extra sharp cheddar cheese!