February 7, 2014

Otoro Sushi

It's my third time at Otoro Sushi! A big part of why I keep returning is that the restaurant actually takes reservations! I also like the ambiance because it's never too loud or too crowded but has a nice buzz to it.

It's also hard for sushi restaurants to really stand out in my opinion but Otoro has a really tasty specials board menu that I like to order off of in pursuit of something unique. This time we ordered the Hamachi Carpaccio with avocado, mango, and truffle oil. So fresh and good! I wanted to try a new roll and got the Cherry Blossom Roll, which had salmon and avocado with tuna on top. I also had a small bowl of miso ramen and sipped some sake. The only other time I had sake, it was warm sake and I thought it was disgusting. Not so bad this time.

Hamachi Carpaccio