December 7, 2013

Emmy's Spaghetti Shack

Bernal Heights. I remember before having my Vespa, I used to take the bus to my favorite bookstore, Omnivore Books on Food, and it took me well over an hour to get there. I haven't been recently so I made a stop at Omnivore Books and got a look at some new cookbooks and books on food.

Prior to eating dinner, we got a drink at El Amigo Bar, which is connected by a door to the spaghetti shack. I liked the ambience of the bar a lot. We then passed through the door to Emmy's and sat at a table right away. I ordered the Pear Moscow Mule, which was delicious and made my world spin. We started with an order of garlic bread and both ordered the Spaghetti with Meatballs per recommendation. The three meatballs were ginormous and despite my best efforts, I just couldn't finish it all and took the rest home. Really simple food done well. 

Spaghetti with Meatballs