January 31, 2014

Nopa Part 4

Post-birthday dinner at Nopa was outstanding no doubt.

We went early enough to snag the bar or communal table seats of our choice. I ordered a glass of Angel's Take: rittenhouse rye, pear liqueur, dolin dry. We started with Fish and Chips, which I've never had before and the fish was really good.

I've been trying to get different dishes at Nopa but the one dish that was memorable from the first time that I went a year ago was the Toasted Quinoa with Smoked Trout and I just had to have it again. Still delicious. We also ordered the Flatbread of bacon, caramelized onion, apple, and cheddar and while I don't like pizza, this flatbread I can get behind. We also shared the Grass Fed Hamburger with gruyere and fries. The couple across from us raved about the rabbit dish so I want to come back to try that... I hope Nopa doesn't get rotate the rabbit out of their dinner menu any time soon...

Toasted Quinoa with Smoked Trout, Roe, Hazelnuts, and Blood Orange
Flatbread of Bacon, Caramelized Onion, Apple, and Cheddar
Grass Fed Hamburger with Gruyere Cheese and Pickled Onions; French Fries