March 15, 2014

Bisou

Went to Bisou for dinner tonight! This restaurant has been on my radar for a while because I wanted to try French food. We didn't have reservations but were seated right away at a tucked in bar table at the back of the restaurant.

We started with the Kobe Steak Tartare, which the waiter mixed up for us tableside. The tartare came with a side of potato chips to scoop it up with. I went the classic Julia Child route and ordered the Boeu Bourguignon. It was my first time having this dish and it was super rich and flavorful. I could tell the meat had been cooking for a long time because of how tender it was. I also had a glass of Sauvignon Blanc to keep it classy haha.

Boeuf Bourguignon: 24 hours marinated beef cheeks, button mushrooms, carrots, bacon and mash potatoes