March 2, 2014

Mission Bowling Club Part 1

Had a fun gathering for a friend's birthday at Mission Bowling Club! I've never been before and was surprised to see a large number of people just there for the food. The place is smaller than I'd thought and there seems to only be six bowling lanes.

I started off with a Michelada, which I've never had before and ZOMG it was so delicious. I definitely had to pace myself so I didn't end up guzzling the whole drink at once. I'm a big Modelo fan so big two thumbs up. The salted rim was key.

For brunch I was craving eggs so I ordered the Chilaquiles, which I have become enamored with. I thought about getting the burger because I've heard it was one of the best in SF but I just couldn't stomach the thought of a giant burger right then. A few friends ordered the burger though and it looked super impressive. I took a bite of the burger and while it was pretty good, I wasn't that excited about it.

The birthday girl got cupcakes from Kara's Cupcakes and I tried the Guinness Chocolate Stout with Bailey's Buttercream and wowowow, it was super rich. Food coma.

Monda Michelada: del maguey y mezcal vida, tomato juice, and negra modelo
Chilaquiles: scrambled eggs, salsa, guacamole, cotija, scallion crema, home fries