March 30, 2014

My Tofu House

I was so happy to eat Korean food tonight. It really felt like forever since I've had my mom's cooking and I've been missing it so much. It was raining on this particular day and comfort food was exactly what I needed. We went to My Tofu House and considering the abundance of asian restaurants lining the streets, there were quite a lot of people in the restaurant and soon, even a wait list was going. The menu is short and I liked that the restaurant doesn't specialize in Korean bbq because it seems that the general public thinks that all Korean food is bbq and there's so much more to the cuisine than that.

Since the restaurant is named My Tofu House, it felt only appropriate to order the tofu stew. The one we ordered had dumplings and rice cakes in it which I'd never thought was possible and it was so good! I'm going to have to make this version at home. We also ordered the classic stone pot bibimbap. With all of the side dishes, grilled fish, and almost too much rice, there was plenty of food for two. I left satisfied and found a hidden Korean supermarket gem right next door too!