November 18, 2013

1760

Had an epic meal at the recently opened 1760. I really liked the interior design of the restaurant, especially the floor-to-ceiling windows. Compared to Spruce though, 1760 had a much more lively ambience that reminded me a lot of Nopa's.

The food was amazing! The cocktail and wine menu is extensive and though I had a glass of red wine, I'd like to try their cocktails at some point too. The menu is kind of randomly composed of ~15 items and progresses from lightest to heaviest. Meant to share, my friend and I ordered a bunch of dishes. My favorites of the night were the Lobster Ceviche, Uni Bucatini, and Fried Duck Sandwich. Despite having been in Maine for college and having had lobster there, I really didn't like it. But now I know that well-prepared lobster is delicious! And also, I don't even like duck but the duck sandwich/burger was epic. The dessert menu looked good too but we were beyond stuffed.

Will definitely be coming back to 1760.

Lobster Ceviche
Beef Tartare
Crispy Octopus; Uni Bucatini
Fried Duck Sandwich