November 9, 2013

Nopa Part 3

This is the first time that I've actually had a brunch reservation at Nopa! I was so excited that I wouldn't have to wait 3 hours and basically watch people eat so I can grab their seat!

The past times that I've been to Nopa for brunch, I've eyed the bread pudding and one lady even told me that it was the best thing ever. Although I truly wanted to get the burger, I felt like I should branch out and so today, I got the Goat Cheese Bread Pudding. It was very custardy and savory but also sweet with a crunchy crust. Despite it's small portion, the richness made it the perfect portion. My friend ordered the bagel with smoked trout and loved it. I had a few bites and while it was good, I'm not that into smoked fish. We also ordered the Custard French Toast which is always a winner.

All in all, it was a custard-y morning for me.

Goat Cheese Bread Pudding with persimmon, tarragon and pea tendrils
Smoked Trout with housemade bagel, dill farmer's cheese and radish
Custard French Toast with caramelized apples and maple butter