June 30, 2014

Tartine Bakery & Cafe

It took me nearly two years of living in San Francisco to finally make my way to Tartine Bakery! A few reasons for that include the fact that I don't really crave sweets & pastries and the fact that every time I pass by Tartine, there is a long stretch of people waiting in line. With an open Monday morning, I decided to bike over to get a taste of the famous morning bun. Though considerably shorter than on the weekends, there was still indeed a line. It moved fairly quickly and soon enough, I had the morning bun in my hand. I ripped off a chunk of the perfectly shaped bun and noticed that the inside is more of a bready than flaky dough. A hybrid between cinnamon sugar toast, a croissant, and a cinnamon roll, the morning bun is kind of the perfect intermediate. I bet it's even more delicious slightly warmed up.